- Partner Login
- Contact Us
Alcatraz AI transforms airport and airline employee security to create safer and more secure access to important places. Employee access control checkpoints in airports benefit from autonomous access control that leverages artificial intelligence and analytics to make powerful decisions while also protecting the user’s privacy. Using the employee’s face as their credential eliminates some of the most pressing security issues facing airports such as spoofing, sharing or losing credential and pin codes, and tailgating. Some restricted zones that could benefit from this protection include:
– Tarmac and runways
– Hangers and maintenance
– Traffic Control Towers
– Baggage Systems and Areas
– Food Service
– Gate Operations
– Lighting Control
– Cargo Management
– Fire Stations and Safety Equipment Storage
Alcatraz’s facial authentication technology and intelligent tailgating detection enable airports to make these spaces safer with a frictionless user experience that can be used to add biometric access to any existing access control system. Our flagship product, the Rock, is designed to be easily deployed with any access control system, providing an enterprise-grade security solution to protect businesses, people, and assets.
Benefits of Facial Authentication in Airports
By implementing facial authentication into airline employee security checkpoints, organizations will see several immediate benefits.
– Multi-factor authentication - The utilization of biometric authentication in combination with one or more other forms of authentication factors adds a layer of protection to a restricted area in a zero-trust environment. The system increases efficiency by allowing multifactor authentication at the speed of single-factor authentication.
– Tailgating detection - The Rock is designed to alert if an unauthorized person enters and sends real-time notifications to ACS/VMS, with high-quality video of the perpetrator shared immediately in the VMS.
– Easy implementation and scalability - The Rock works natively with existing airport infrastructure and access control systems, simplifying adoption without requiring a system retrofit.
– Privacy - Our technology is focused on privacy, compliance, and data security with end-to-end encryption, an on-prem option, and no personally identifiable information (PII) is stored, protecting the privacy of employees and contractors.
– Hands-free security - Using one’s face as their credentials means there will be limited touchpoints for security assessments, making it not only more efficient but also more sanitary.
Airport Access Control Using Facial Authentication
There are a multitude of ways facial authentication can be used in an airport that will enhance the integrity of the physical security checks for airline employees and contractors. It can even be implemented in a multi-factor approach to heighten security in high-priority areas and provide tailgating detection. Alcatraz AI’s autonomous access control simplifies the enrollment of employees and contractors increasing efficiency, while also strengthening the airport's security posture.
Unfortunately, security is often overlooked until something happens. By being proactive and utilizing facial authentication for employees and contractors incidents or emergencies can be stopped before they happen. Book a demo to learn more about the Rock today!
Other posts you might be interested inView All Posts
6 min read | November 21, 2022
The Benefits of the Alcatraz AI Rock: Returning Back to WorkRead More
3 min read | November 14, 2022
Alcatraz AI Identifies Key Biometric Access Trends for 2023Read More
5 min read | May 25, 2022
How Telecommunications Security Is Changing in 2022Read More
Subscribe to email updates
Additional content around the benefits of subscribing to this blog feed.